[Live-devel] FW: Bi-directional audio

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Sep 18 11:37:58 PDT 2008

>Maybe a stupid question but would it somehow be possible to use an
>RTSP client to send audio back to the server?

There's no standard way to do this in RTSP, because that is
predominantly a protocol for server->client streaming

A better protocol for two-way media transfer is SIP.  We implement a
SIP client (note the "playSIP" demo application), but currently only
in the server->client direction.  (To add client->server streaming,
you would need to create "RTPSink" objects for each stream.)

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>