[Live-devel] mp3 streaming does not work on different machines

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Sep 23 10:42:21 PDT 2008

At 08:54 AM 9/23/2008, MrBrain wrote:

This is a professional mailing list - not "MySpace".  Pseudonyms are
not welcome here.

>I am using TestMp3Streamer on the sending side,  and TestMp3Receiver
>on the receiving side.
>
>If sender and receiver are on the same machine, everything works
>fine, but if they are on different machines, TestMP3Receiver does
>not give any error, but does not receive anything either (It prints
>out "Beginning receiving multicast stream").
>
>There is no firewall, do you have any idea about the possible reason?

There might not be a frewall between the sender and receiver, but
apparently you have a router there that (for whatever reason) does
not relay IP multicast packets.

Because of this, you should use unicast streaming instead.  Use
"testOnDemandRTSPServer" or "live555MediaServer" as your server, and
"openRTSP" (or a media player, like "VLC") as your client.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>