[Live-devel] 答复: question about the live555 RTP sending speed

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Sep 25 00:52:28 PDT 2008

At 11:51 PM 9/24/2008, you wrote:
>[Aiden: ] : what's the meaning of " duration ",
>I guess, your mean¡¯s that the consecutive nal
>units in the same frame have the same timestamp, right?

No, "fDurationInMicroseconds" just tells the code
how long to wait after sending each RTP
packet.  This is independent of the presentation
time, which is set by the "fPresentationTime" variable.

>[Aiden: ] : what¡¯s the presentation time? ---- Timestamp ?

Effectively, yes.  ('Timesamps' are used only
internally, by the RTP protocol.  They represent
presentation times, which is what programmers
(who use our library) actually see at either end of the link.)

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>