[Live-devel] Query regarding turnOnBackgroundReadHandling()

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Sep 25 22:48:04 PDT 2008

>         env.taskScheduler().turnOnBackgroundReadHandling(fServerSocket,
>         (TaskScheduler::BackgroundHandlerProc*)&incomingConnectionHandler,
>                                                    this);
>         }
>
>1. Am building an RTSPServer using RTSPServer.cpp code. So will the above
>function continously read a particular port until it gets a request from the
>client or do we need to add a while loop anywhere in the code to make it
>read continously?

No, you don't need to modify the existing "RTSPServer" code at all.

>2. OR Do we have to use env.taskScheduler().doEventLoop() to continously
>monitor for requests?

Yes.  Your application (like all applications that use the "LIVE555
Streaming Media" code) must use an event loop.

>  If so wat should the parameter to this function?

"doEventLoop()" need not take a parameter.

See the code for the "testOnDemandRTSPServer" demo application for an
example of RTSP server code.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>