[Live-devel] mp4 streaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Sep 26 06:30:39 PDT 2008

>How do I stream mp4 files. I am using live555mediaserver.

It depends what you mean by "mp4 file".  If you mean a "MPEG-4
Elementary Stream video" file, then yes, our "live555MediaServer" can
stream this already, but the filename suffix must be
".m4e'.  Similarly, we can stream a MPEG-4 audio file (in ADTS
format), that has filename suffix ".aac"

If, however, you mean a ".mp4"-formar file (that contains both audio
and video), then we currently cannot stream such files.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>