[Live-devel] fPlayTimePerFrame

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Sep 26 06:40:47 PDT 2008

At 04:02 AM 9/26/2008, you wrote:
>yeah thats true.But how can I get playTimePerFrame value so that I
>can pass it to "createNew".May be this is a basic question.
>But I am a newbie.
>do I need to  calculate playTimePerFrame  from the TS file.

If you are streaming a Transort Stream file then you *do not* pass a
"playTimePerFrame" parameter to
"ByteStreamFileSource::createNew()".  This is because each (188-byte)
Transport Stream packet *does not* have a fixed duration.  Instead,
we use a separate "MPEG2TransportStreamFramer" object to compute, on
the fly, the duration of each Transport Stream packet.

If you are streaming a Transport Stream file, you should not modify
the existing code - it already works.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>