[Live-devel] teardownMediaSession

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Apr 2 01:47:57 PDT 2009

>I would like to know why do we need to wait for an answer in
>teardownMediaSession ?

In principle the RTSP "TEARDOWN" command might not succeed - e.g.,
because of permission problems.  In practice, though, this is
unlikely, I agree.

The next (completely revamped) version of "RTSPClient" will send each
command asynchronously (i.e., without blocking), and use the event
loop to handle the reply, if desired.  For "TEARDOWN", the programmer
probably won't bother handing the reply.

>Would you have any suggestion ?

Wait for my upcoming update to "RTSPClient".