[Live-devel] Best sample to start with for H.264 receiver?

Jeremy Noring kidjan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 12:25:37 PDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 3:09 AM, Debargha Mukherjee <
debargha.mukherjee at hp.com> wrote:

> Would you mind sharing how you fixed your H.264 streaming problems?

Yeah, it was pretty basic: I was using the Live555 RTSP classes
incorrectly.  I needed to start with one of the sample applications, instead
of the incorrect H.264 tutorial code I started with (it's floating about
somewhere on the list; I don't recommend it as a starting point as it has
some rather blaring inaccuracies).

My H.264 code was fine the way it was.  I used x264 (a DShow filter
implementation, that is) to perform the encode, DirectShow to process media
samples, and Some Qt components to handle threading.  So my application is
unfortunately windows-only, but someone could probably write a gstreamer
variant if they were familiar with that API (unfortunately, I'm not).