[Live-devel] openRTSP and H.264

Paulo Michels phmichels at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 13:43:02 PDT 2009

Sorry, I didn't saw the "-t" option before. Now I was able to get
stream data packets, but I still have problems to play the video file.
I'm running this:

openRTSP -t -4 -d 20 -w 320 -h 240 rtsp://video3.americafree.tv/AFTVAdventureH264250.sdp
  > video.mp4

As you can see, I'm defining a duration limit (20 seconds) and
explicitly defining the image size. The output video has two problems:

1. The first video frame is a green frame. I would like to get the
actual video in the very first frame, is it possible?
2. The video seems to be in slow motion and the total video duration
is not 20 seconds as defined, by more than 40 seconds. The audio is
perfect and 20 sec length though. Then I tried to use the -y option,
to synchronize video and audio, but the video gets really bad and the
audio is just noise.

I also tried to capture stream from QT Broadcaster, but still get the
same problems.

Any idea about how to get better video?

Thanks!
Paulo