[Live-devel] Correct use of 'select' to avoid packet loss in Linux+BSD; correct use of WSAGetLastError and codes

Stas Desyatnlkov stas at tech-mer.com
Mon Apr 20 00:21:13 PDT 2009

I can't share the code as it is part of the classified project. But its all really simple.
1) Create N async sockets
2) Run a thread that will poll on the sockets once in say 50ms
3) Read all data available from all the sockets

The live555 lib is designed to be OS independent so running thread is not something it should do.