[Live-devel] openRTSP and H.264

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Apr 21 01:47:19 PDT 2009

>How can I use the "-f" option and specify the frame rate if I don't
>know the server settings? Is there any way to get this info from the
>server?

The only way I know to find the stream's frame rate is to play it
using a media player application, and try to figure out the frame
rate from the media player's 'get stream information' feature, or
something...

Sorry, but the ".mov" and ".mp4" file formats were poorly designed
for this purpose (recording incoming streams), so this is about the
best we can do if we want to record those file formats.