[Live-devel] RR packets not sent by openRTSP in TCP mode

Cristiano Belloni belloni at imavis.com
Thu Apr 23 01:36:28 PDT 2009

Hi All,

Seems that openRTSP doesn't send Receiver Report RTCP packets when in
TCP mode.

I just successfully compiled the last liveMedia tarball (currently
live.2009.04.20.tar.gz) and tested openRTSP with a bunch of RTSP servers
(notably testOnDemandRTSPServer, just to be on the safe side), and
started openRTSP with this command line:

./openRTSP -b 64000 -t -v -u [username] [password] rtsp://[address of
rtsp resource] > mpeg4.dump

Then, I monitored the connection with wireshark, and noticed that, while
the server *does* send correctly its Sender Report rtcp packets,
openRTSP *never* sends a single Receiver Report packet, causing the
server to send a rtcp "bye" message after a while.

Conversely, if I switch to udp mode (same command line, without the -t
option), receiver reports are sent correctly throught udp.

Could this be a bug? I used the last liveMedia package (though I can
observe this behaviour in older builds, too) without modifications.

Thanks and best regards,

Cristiano Belloni.

--
Belloni Cristiano