[Live-devel] RR packets not sent by openRTSP in TCP mode

Cristiano Belloni belloni at imavis.com
Thu Apr 23 03:24:13 PDT 2009

Ross Finlayson wrote:
> This is very strange - I can't reproduce this at all.  When I run a
> server ("live555MediaServer") on a FreeBSD computer, and "openRTSP -t"
> on a Mac OS X computer, I see that "openRTSP" is sending - and the the
> server is receiving - the RTCP "SR" reports just fine.

Why SR? openRTSP should send RRs (which it doesnt't, at least not in
TCP), and the server should send SRs (which it does).

> What OS are you using to run "openRTSP -t" (not that it should
> matter...)?

Ubuntu Linux Intrepid, with  2.6.27-14 kernel. But I noticed this same
behaviour also on a mingw-compiled Windows version of openRTSP.

Here's a wireshark screenshot of a session. Packets are grouped by
protocol, so all the rtcp packet that are sent are in the screenshot.
You can notice that the server (located at .58) sends correct sender
reports, while the client (located at .84) never gives back any RR.

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/9380/screenshotws.jpg [screenshot]

--
Belloni Cristiano
Imavis Srl.