[Live-devel] Kindly provide info on any changes to be made to some make files or the folder structure

Santosh Karankoti santosh.k at knoahsoft.com
Wed Apr 29 09:59:27 PDT 2009

Hi all,

This is Santosh,

I have downloaded the live555 latest tar.gz and using ZipGenious have
extracted them.

I am facing issues with compiling or generating the make files or creating
the workspace in VS 6 on win 2000 machine.

Firstly, it says to make changes to the TOOLS32 path, have modified to VC98
folder as C:\program files\microsoft visual studio\VC98. In this path there
is no folder call "tools". Found it in C:\program files\microsoft visual
studio\common folder.

Tried with both the paths, its giving me error as in the attached .jpg file.

Moreover, in some site found that the LINK_OPTS_0 value the name of the lib
file is wrongly exising. Corrected it still the same. But not getting much
help from any other sites.

Finally posting it here.

As per the live555 media site says, I have done those things but I am unable
to generate the makefiles and proceed further.

Kindly let me know whether I have to do some modifications to the \live
folder by creating multiple folders and copy the files and make files there
before running genWindowsMakefiles?

Or Do I need to make modifications in any of the makefiles like
makefile.head / makefile.tail / w32config / genWindowsMakefiles or any
other?

Quick response is appreciable.

Regards,

- Santosh