[Live-devel] H263 live encoder source

Fabrizio Agnoli fabrizio.agnoli at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 06:11:20 PDT 2009

Hi,
I'm facing this problem, the app which get webcam screenshot and encode them
in h263 works and feed live with an UDP socket (addr 127.0.0.1 port 1234). I
don't know why the bytestream seems not arriving to the live server..
Could anyone help me or give any hints?
I report my server code below

#include "liveMedia.hh"
#include "BasicUsageEnvironment.hh"
#include "GroupsockHelper.hh"

FramedSource* videoSource;

void afterPlaying(void*);

int main()
{
       TaskScheduler* scheduler = BasicTaskScheduler::createNew();
       UsageEnvironment*env = BasicUsageEnvironment::createNew(*scheduler);

       //Create our sink variables...
       char const* destinationAddrStr = "192.168.55.102";
       const unsigned char ttl = 1;
       const Port rtpPort(8888);
       struct in_addr destinationAddress;
       destinationAddress.s_addr = our_inet_addr(destinationAddrStr);
       Groupsock rtpGroupsock(*env, destinationAddress, rtpPort, ttl);

       //Create our sink...
       //RTPSink* videoSink = MPEG1or2VideoRTPSink::createNew(*env,
&rtpGroupsock);
       RTPSink* videoSink =
H263plusVideoRTPSink::createNew(*env,&rtpGroupsock,56,0);
       if(videoSink == NULL){
               *env << "Unable to create sink \n";
               exit(1);
       }
       *env<<"RTPSink created\n";
       //Create our source variables...
       char const* srcAddrStr = "127.0.0.1";
       struct in_addr srcAddress;
       srcAddress.s_addr = our_inet_addr(srcAddrStr);
       const Port udpPort(1234);
       Groupsock udpGroupsock(*env, srcAddress, udpPort, ttl);

       //Create our source...
       FramedSource* input = BasicUDPSource::createNew(*env, &udpGroupsock);
       if (input == NULL) {
               *env << "Unable to open source \n";
               exit(1);
       }
       *env<<"Input created\n";

       //Create our framer...
       videoSource = H263plusVideoStreamFramer::createNew(*env,input);

       *env<<"framer created\n";
       //Start to stream the data....
       videoSink->startPlaying(*videoSource, afterPlaying, NULL);
       env->taskScheduler().doEventLoop();
    *env<<"END";
       return 0;
}