[Live-devel] Regarding incming audio stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Aug 14 23:00:27 PDT 2009

>1. My RTSPClient module is receiving .mp3 audio data through
>testOnDemandRTSPServer.
>2. Is it necessary to decode this data using FFMPEG, or can I directly play
>the same in C#.

You have to decode the data (of course!).  It's up to you to decide
how (but FFMPEG is one possibility), but this is outside the scope of
this mailing list.

>3. I am saving the incoming data into a .mp3 file, this file is playing but
>with too much courrpted sound.

What happens when you run "openRTSP" as your client?  What about VLC?

Really, everyone - I find the lack of critical thinking on this
mailing list bizarre (and rather disturbing).  If you are having
problems when your own RTSP client application tries to play a
stream, then *surely* the first thing to check is whether existing
RTSP clients (that are known to work) can play the stream OK.  If
they can, then the problem is your client code.  If they can't, then
the problem is the stream itself.