[Live-devel] rtsp response problem

Vincent Chen silence.vincent at msa.hinet.net
Thu Aug 20 18:51:34 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I think I found the problem,

While the client is receiving VIDEO stream data, and want to SETUP another
stream, such as AUDIO stream.
In other words, it will reuse the same RTSP connection to send out
SETUP/PLAY command.

If the client code is as follow to send the SETUP/PLAY command in the
existence RTSP connection:

rtspClient->setupMediaSubsession(*subsession, False, streamUsingTCP); //send
SETUP
rtspClient->playMediaSubsession(*subsession); //send PLAY

it will failed to recv response data from Server side and mess it up,
because the Event Loop will recv the data at the same time.

so my solution is to create a task, such as:

env->taskScheduler().scheduleDelayedTask();

And it work fine.

I hope my conclusion is right :-)