[Live-devel] A Question about 'Pause' command

杜时 dushi310 at 163.com
Tue Aug 25 00:36:49 PDT 2009

>When I use RTSP client to send 'PAUSE' command, The RTSP Server work
>well, It will stop to send stream to client immediately.
>But when I send 'PLAY' command after sending 'PAUSE'
>command,Sometimes It can continual send the data stream. Sometimes
>It can not send the data again, the stream will pause forever.
>So I want to know If I want to continual send the data after 'PAUSE'
>,I just send 'PLAY' command is right or not.
/////////////////////////
>Yes, this is correct; just sending "PLAY" should be sufficient to
>restart the stream.
>When you have problems restarting the stream, is this with our
>original, unmodified server code?  Which media type(s) does this
>happen with?
Hi,Ross,
  I am use the latest RTSP Server version.
  I want to know if I pause the stream over 10 minutes, The Server will close the client connection or not.
  I means I will send 'PLAY' command 10 minutes later after sending the 'PAUSE' command.
  If I just pause the stream about 2 minutes, the server could receive the 'PLAY' command.If pause the stream longer than 3 minute,The Server could not get the 'PLAY' command.
  Thank you for reply.