[Live-devel] every 65 seconds, noteLiveness timeout handle causes the live555 send bye to QT, and disconnect the streaming.

zhi sun zhisun.tech at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 02:19:47 PDT 2009

Hi All,

I am porting live555 to our device, it works fine, but with problem:

Almost every 65 seconds, noteLiveness timeout handle causes the live555 send
bye to QT. I notice that it caused by

void RTSPServer::RTSPClientSession
::livenessTimeoutTask(RTSPClientSession* clientSession) {
  // If this gets called, the client session is assumed to have timed out,
  // so delete it:

#if 1
//#ifdef DEBUG
  fprintf(stderr, "RTSP client session from %s has timed out (due to
inactivity)\n", our_inet_ntoa(clientSession->fClientAddr.sin_addr));
#endif
  delete clientSession;
}

The RTCP package trace indicate there is no problem. The liveness timeout
happens since there is no RTSP request from client for a while
(fReclamationTestSeconds).

This probelm happend on our device, I cannot verify this problem on linux
since there is no live h264 stream, but it looks like to be the logical of
source code.

is it by design, or anything I missed?

Thanks,
-zhisun