[Live-devel] every 65 seconds, noteLiveness timeout handle causes the live555 send bye to QT, and disconnect the streaming.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Aug 27 12:29:50 PDT 2009

>I think that a better solution is to disable the liveness check.
>this can be easily done by calling the RTSP constructor with
>reclamationTestSeconds = 0;
>
>fRTSPServer = RTSPServer::createNew(*fEnv, serverPort,
>authDB,reclamationTestSeconds);

Yes, disabling the liveness check will work.  However, it would be
better to figure out exactly why the server is not detecting your
client's 'liveness'.  I suspect that the server is not receiving RTCP
"RR" packets from the client.  You should figure out why.  (Note that
if it's because your client is not *sending* RTCP packets, then your
client is broken, because RTCP is a required part of the RTP/RTCP
standard.)