[Live-devel] How to build a RTSP server supports TCP. UDP & Multicast in the same time?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Dec 7 17:11:12 PST 2009

>     When TCP/UDP mode, the subsession needs to inherit from
>class OnDemandServerMediaSubsession.
>     When multicast mode, it needs to inherit from
>PassiveServerMediaSubsession.
>     How can I make a path support both mode in the same time??

It is the server - not the client - that decides whether a stream is
sent via unicast or multicast.  Therefore it makes no sense to use
the same stream (path) name for both kinds of streaming.  Instead,
the only way that a client can request unicast or multicast streaming
is to use a different stream name for each, and have the server use
the stream name to determine which type of streaming is desired.
This is what we support.