[Live-devel] 64 bit portability

Němec Alexandr a.nemec at atlas.cz
Wed Dec 9 05:42:12 PST 2009

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Hi all,
I compiled the live555 media streaming library using the Visual Studio 2005 compiler and the compiler reports 176 warnings when compiled with the 64 bit portability issues detection feature. The warnings are not reported when this compiler feature is turned off. Yes, most of the warnings can be safely ignored (according to our opinion). But there are also some line with type casts of ints or long to pointers or vice versa which might be very dangerous on a 64 bit platform. I attached a text file to this e-mail with all the warnings including the file and exact line number and warning description.
- I think that some of the lines can potentially cause problems on 64 bit platforms, but without better code knowledge we are not sure.
- Are there any plans to get rid of there warnings to make Visual Studio compilers happy?
Best regards
Alex