[Live-devel] Integration with Third party RTP library

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Dec 11 01:16:20 PST 2009

>    This is my first post to this list. I was checking out the
>openRTSP source and one question popped to my mind. How can I use
>only the RTSP client (to do the session stablishment and control,
>like PLAY, RECORD) without using the RTP library?

Yes, it's easy to do this - just don't create the "groupsock" and
"RTPSink" objects, nor any data sinks.  For example, see how we
implement the "-r" option (which does exactly this) in "openRTSP": in
the file "testProgs/playCommon.cpp".  (Note what the code does (or,
more precisely, doesn't do) if "createReceivers" is False.)