[Live-devel] increase socket receive buffer to handle udp packet loss ?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Dec 14 23:23:24 PST 2009

I've just added the following paragraph to the FAQ entry on packet loss:

"It's important to understand that because a LIVE555 Streaming Media
application runs as a single thread - never writing to, or reading
from, sockets concurrently - then if packet loss occurs, then it
*must* be happening either (i) on the network, or (ii) in the
operating system of the sender or receiver. There's nothing in our
code that can be 'losing' packets."