[Live-devel] Shared memory

Jeremy Noring jnoring at logitech.com
Fri Dec 18 07:57:11 PST 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 4:36 AM, gabrieledeluca at libero.it <
gabrieledeluca at libero.it> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have implemented a client RTSP that record the stream in 2 buffer files.
>
> So I have implemented a server RTSP that read from the buffer files.
>
> I want
> know if it's possible create a wrapper that writes and reads on a shared
> memory
> (and not on buffer files).

Of course it's possible, although I don't think that has anything to do with
this mailing list.  Depending on what OS you're using, there are several
possibilities: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shared_memory

So long as you follow the threading guidelines for Live555 (see the FAQ),
you can also put client/server in the same process.