[Live-devel] RTSP trick play, extra PES packet issue...

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Dec 25 02:58:48 PST 2009

>For now, our RTSP client is working well
>on LIVE555 Streaming Server, with normal play & pause function.
>
>But we're facing an issue with trick play, the story is:
>
>Start RTSP client to play a content (MPEG2 TS, indexed by your
>MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer)
>Start to trick play (FF 2x).
>For example, start trick play from 00:01:20 of movie.
>The output picture was frozen, but player still working
>Back to normal play
>The picture will going on playback, but from 00:01:42 of movie.

Try using "openRTSP" as your client, requesting trick play with the
	-s 80 -z 2 -d 11
options (see <http://www.live555.com/openRTSP/#trick-play>)

I.e., request a 2x play stream, starting at time 1:20, lasting for 11 seconds.

Do you get an output Transport Stream file that plays the way you expect?

You can also test 'trick play' operation on your original Transport
Stream file (i.e., the one that you indexed with
"MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer") by running the
"testMPEG2TransportStreamTrickPlay" application - see
http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/transport-stream-trick-play.html

If you don't get the results you expect, then please post a link to
your original Transport Stream file (i.e., the one that you indexed
with "MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer"), so we can download it and check
it for ourself.