[Live-devel] [Patch] Don't exit(0) but abort() in case of unhanded error.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Dec 30 05:40:09 PST 2009

>Without this patch my VLC exists, pretending everything went fine.

As I noted in my earlier response (to someone else's question), this
call (and other calls) to "exit()" should be getting called only if
there's a serious problem in your code.  Are you actually seeing
this?  If so, you should figure out why.  And why do you feel that
"abort()" is better than "exit()"?  (Because you can catch it in a
signal handler?)