[Live-devel] Live555 performance configuration

neville bradbury neville.bradbury at opensoftaustralia.com.au
Wed Feb 4 20:17:19 PST 2009

Hi,
I am looking at a specification on the best way to ensure Live555 on windows
advanced server 2003 is running at best as it can.

Some of the areas I am looking at as a guidance are:

1. best speed of disks 7200 rpm.
2. how many disk and type of confirue raid 1
3. regarding tcp/ip , i have heard and would like to understand if there are
issues re decoder for buffer delay of tcp/ip packets,as tcp/ip over rtsp can
have dropped packets
4. decoder configuration

Basically, I am looking for a benchmark configuration I can setup on the
machine to ensure live555 can be as robust and fast as possible, though I do
understand there could be other areas I have not been able to address (if
they are missed it would be great to have them as well).

I am looking to service around 200 amino set top box request with a possible
100 vod movies downloaded at any one time.

I am also looking for purchasing any web jmac frameworks that we can extend
our development with, outside of what amino has.

I am just looking for some information that will help set a base level for
setting up a server , disk etc

Many thanks,
Neville Bradbury
OpenSoft Australia