[Live-devel] Patch against release dated 1/26/2009

Matt Schuckmann matt at schuckmannacres.com
Fri Feb 6 10:21:42 PST 2009

Yes the RTP and RTCP ports could be obtained by parsing the SDP however
that's rather ugly and inefficient don't you think?
The new code is implemented in the OnDemandServerSubsession class. We
couldn't just subclass OnDemandServerSubsession as the information is
keep in the StreamState class which is only defined in
OnDemandServerSubSession.cpp instances of which are keep and referenced
via opaque void pointers else where in the code. So we had to implement
new accessors on OnDemandServerSubsession to get at the data in the
StreamState object associated with the session id.

The other option would have been to move the definition of StreamState
to a header file and expose that structure to the rest of the code.
We felt that the path we choose was less invasive and more in line with
how the code works now.

Matt S.