[Live-devel] OpenRTSP w/ Axis 207 series cameras: AAC issue

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Feb 7 22:54:55 PST 2009

>Otherwise, get the header info with ->fmtp_config() from your audio
>MediaSubsession. This gives you a hex string. When you decode with
>libfaad, convert the hex string to binary and pass it as the
>AudioSpecificConfig to NeAACDecInit2(). That should make it work.

FYI, we provide a function "parseGeneralConfigStr()" that will
convert the ASCII configuration ('AudioSpecificConfig') string into
binary form.  (See "liveMedia/include/MPEG4LATMAudioRTPSource.hh")

We also provide a function
"samplingFrequencyFromAudioSpecificConfig()" that can be used to
extract just the sampling frequency from the ASCII configuration
string.  (See "liveMedia/include/MPEG4GenericRTPSource.hh".)  We use
this function in "QuickTimeFileSink" when writing ".mov'" or "mp4"
format files.