[Live-devel] What is the the minmum CPU frequence requirement to run live555 smoothly?

zhi sun zhisun.tech at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 01:13:03 PST 2009

Hi,

I am able to transform and run live555 on our embeded device with 300M CPU.
It can work with correct functiona, but it is slow, even only let the
live555 task run (no other tasks run at the same time).

To send one I frame (720x480), it taks about 2 seconds to send out the I
frame (by sending about 22 RTP package, and take about 0.08 second between
every package).

As a result, the speed is 110 kbit bytes/s and about 0.33 fps

Note that I have set the fDurationInmicrosecond to 0, and the
fPresentationTime to current time.

I have tried it on PC (dup 3G CPU) with WindowsXP with full speed
(fDurationInmicrosecond= 0). The speed is about 2000-2300 kbit bytes/second,
and 7-8 fps.

All of the frame is I type (720x480).

considering the CPU frequence, it looks like to the bottleneck (2*10*110 is
about 2200 kbit bytes).

[Question]
Here, I want to see if it is a known issue? What is the the minmum CPU
frequence requirement to run live555 smoothly?

Thanks,
-kevin