[Live-devel] One Source and Multiple Sink

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jul 2 05:10:04 PDT 2009

>In the Source/Sink live model, I can:  create 1 source, create 1
>sink and "attach" both  "sink->startPlaying(source)"
>I would like to know if I can "attach" many sink to one source?

No. Each source object can be fed to only one sink.

To do what you want, in general, you would need to write a special
'duplicator' object that created multiple source objects from a
single input - and then feed each of these sources to its own sink.
(That would be a bit tricky to do, though.)

>For example in order to create different files from 1 single RTP stream.

For this particular example, the easiest thing to do would be for you
to write a new 'sink' class - similar to FileSink - that writes to
multiple output files.  I.e., it would just be one 'sink' object,
that happens to write to multiple files.

Ross Finlayson
Live Networks, Inc.