[Live-devel] .m4v / .mp3 Synchronization

Michael Russell mrussell at frontiernet.net
Fri Jul 3 08:27:55 PDT 2009

Ross Finlayson wrote:

> Your synchronization problem occurred when you *created* (multiplexed)
> your Transport Stream from your audio and video inputs. If you used
> our software to create your Transport Stream (it wasn't really clear
> from your message whether or not you did), then you should make sure
> that you're setting correct timestamps on each frame of data that you
> feed into the multiplexor.
Hi Ross,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I used the live555 "MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource" object to
create my transport stream.  Audio is fed from
"MPEG1or2AudioStreamFramer" and video is fed from
"MPEG4VideoStreamFramer".  My actual .m4v and .mp3 files came from two
other sources.

You mentioned "setting the correct timestamps on each frame"  - I too
suspect this to be the root of problem.  But where do these timestamps
originate?  Do I have any control over them?  (I suspect that they get
generated by my two framers.  My .mp3 and .m4v files were recorded at
different times and may not be the ~exact~ same duration, but I doubt
that would matter.)