[Live-devel] [vlc-devel] RTSP client 'trick play' support. When will it ever work??

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jul 9 08:27:41 PDT 2009

First, Glen, *please* trim your responses!

>So perhaps the answer is to patch live555 so that it only parses the
>Range: header if it's subession's playEndTime is 0 ?

No, because the server might have decided - for whatever reason - to
stream only a subset of the range that the client requested.  The
client needs to respect the range that the server specified in its
"PLAY" response, even if the client already thinks it knows the range.

But, as I noted earlier, the problem is occurring earlier, before VLC
sends "PLAY", when it is apparently not paying attention to the range
end that was specified in the SDP description.