[Live-devel] RTSP Server

tm18174 at salle.url.edu tm18174 at salle.url.edu
Wed Jul 22 02:57:37 PDT 2009

Hello,

I'd like to know if there's any tutorial about RTSP Servers, because im a
newbie programmer and i've never worked with Live555, and there's few
information about how to use it on the internet.

I want to develop  a server which streams H264 video (not on demand, just
begins the streaming as soon as one client is connected, and uses the same
stream for all the others clients connected; stops streaming when there's
no clients connected).

As far as i've seen, i have to:

-create my own H264MediaSubsession class
-create RTSPServer and add my new subsession class
-create H264RTPSource and provide the video source to this class
-create H264RTPSink to handle the streaming itself

Am I wrong? Please give me some advice or examples if possible.

Daniel Collado
Multimedia Engineering Degree Student
Media Technologies Department (DTM)
La Salle University (Barcelona, Spain)