[Live-devel] get the rtp discontinuity info

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jul 24 03:09:47 PDT 2009

>I'm writing a Microsoft directshow source filter based on live
>media's rtp. I'm interested to get the discontinuity, such as packet
>lost, packet out of order etc from the rtp layer.

No, you don't need this information.  Our RTP reception
implementation takes care of this automatically, so that your
receiver is presented with whole, properly-ordered frames.

If, however, you really want to look at the QOS (including packet
loss) statistics that the RTP/RTCP reception implementation collects,
then you can do this by looking at the "RTPReceptionStats".  See, for
example, how the "openRTSP" demo application implements its "-Q"
option.