[Live-devel] MPEG2 to TS Conversion Problems

andrew_umlauf at yahoo.com andrew_umlauf at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 27 11:16:30 PDT 2009

Indeed READ_FROM_FILES_SYNCHRONOUSLY is defined as 1 and I still get the error.

I have noticed that other people have been reporting the same issue in previous posts in this forum. In one post response, the user was told to comment the exit(0) (line 91) in BasicTaskScheduler. Another post response said to make sure READ_FROM_FILES_SYNCHRONOUSLY is defined as 1. Unfortunately, on all of the posts reguarding issues similar to mine, there are no complete follow-ups and I have not had luck with anything that was suggested.

As mentioned before, I also get weird behavior when I replace the ByteStreamFileSource with a SimpleRTPSource or SimpleUDPSource....I do not get the select() error with a zero byte output, but I get an output that does not play.

I assume that all of these issues are related to improper windows compilation but I don't really know how to attack the problem. I have tried compiling with Visual Studio 9, 8, 7 and 6 on multiple machines following the windows build instructions provided on the live 555 site.

-Andrew Umlauf