[Live-devel] How to transfer a new RTP Payload type.

Deepti.Saraswat at sdc.canon.co.in Deepti.Saraswat at sdc.canon.co.in
Tue Jul 28 22:44:36 PDT 2009

Hello Ross,

My query is:

1. I have to transfer some metadata in XML format inside RTP Packet from a
RTPServer to Client.
For implementing client side functionality I have used LIVE 555. As of now
I am receiving JPEG image data using the a class derived from MediaSink.

2. I peeped inside LIVE 555 source code and found that it process some
limited types of payload (JPEG, MPEG H.264 etc)  but to transfer metadata I
will creating new kind of RTP Payload.
Which LIVEMEdia doesnt handle.

3. My query is how can I receive that new type of metadata payload.Below is
the method you sent me :

>>You would need to define and implement two new classes:

>>1/ A new subclass of "MultiFramedRTPSink", for sending RTP packets in
>>the new payload format.
>>2/ A new subclass of "MultiFramedRTPSource", for receiving RTP
>>packets in the new payload format.

But How will I assure that all the RTPPackets belong to the new RTP Type
will fall under subclass of "MultiFramedRTPSource" and my rest of the
video/audio packets will fall under the subclass of MediaSink(Which is
running smoothly).

Hope This time I am able to explain my problem clearly.

Pl reply.

Regards
Deepti

Help save paper - do you need to print this email ?

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) or entity addressed above. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, then (i) please notify us at cipl.administrator at canon.co.in (ii) do not use the information contained  & (iii) delete it from your system . E-mail communications are not secure. Though efforts have been taken to ensure that this communication has not been tampered with; however,  Canon India Pvt Ltd. is not responsible for any changes made to the contents of or any attachments to this message without its consent.
All information contained in this message which are not of an official nature shall not be deemed as given or endorsed by Canon India Pvt. Ltd.