[Live-devel] about SET PARAMETER

xujin xujin at fun.21cn.com
Mon Jun 1 02:28:19 PDT 2009

I try realplayer and vlc with my RTSP server and find that realplayer will
send command 'set parameter' and vlc not.The RTSP server receive UDP unicast
stream and listen rtsp request.

I rewrite handleCmd_SET_PARAMETER code as following to give  OK answer:

void RTSPServer::RTSPClientSession
::handleCmd_SET_PARAMETER(ServerMediaSubsession* /*subsession*/, char const*
cseq,
     char const* fullRequestStr) {
  // By default, we don't implement "SET_PARAMETER":

 // handleCmd_notSupported(cseq);

  // add by xujin to give OK answer 20090531
  snprintf((char*)fResponseBuffer, sizeof fResponseBuffer,
    "RTSP/1.0 200 OK\r\nCSeq: %s\r\n%sSession: %d\r\n\r\n",
    cseq, dateHeader(), fOurSessionId);

}

but realplayer will not send PLAY command and report 'normal error message'.

I don't know why realplayer does not send next command.

VLC will send PLAY command,but no stream will be received.

Thank you.