[Live-devel] question about using test program of live555

DannyLuo llsurreal at live.cn
Sun Jun 7 03:02:15 PDT 2009

Hi,

I just try to use the testMP3Streamer and testMP3Receiver to implement mp3 streaming. So, I just change the testMP3Streamer.cpp and testMP3Receiver.cpp. The only item I have changed is the ip address in the both file.

I did 2 tests on 4 computers.

In the first time, I set the destinationAddressStr to "192.168.12.20" in the testMP3Streamer.cpp, set the sessionAddressStr to "0.0.0.0" and sourceAddressStr to "192.168.12.25" in the testMP3Receiver.cpp, it works well, I can stream the test.mp3 on the computer which has the ip address 192.168.12.25, then receive the streaming on the computer which ip address is 192.168.12.20.

In the second time, I set the destinationAddressStr to "222.205.120.136" in the testMP3Streamer.cpp, set the sessionAddressStr to "0.0.0.0" and sourceAddressStr to "222.205.120.136" in the testMP3Receiver.cpp,, it did not work as well, I can not receive the streaming on the computer which ip address is 222.205.120.136.

The only difference between the 2 test enviorment is: the 2 computers in the first test is in a Local Area Network, and they do not connect to the internet. But, the computer in the second test is in a compus LAN, then connect to the internet by using the way of VPN.

So, to make it work well in the second test, is there anything else should be change? Or, I did not set the correct ip address. I wish you can give me some suggestion and direction.

thanks!