[Live-devel] Confirmation of stream end reach.

Bikramjeet Singh bikramjeet.singh at logiceastern.co.in
Tue Jun 9 03:19:29 PDT 2009

But at the end of stream server is not disconnected to the client. In case
of stream ends, If we again send SETUP and PLAY commands then stream will be
restart the stream. And all that is done using the same connection.
By the way is there any way by using which we can rout that BYE packet to
the client A(who is controlling the stream).

On 6/4/09, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:

>              Actually due to our requirment we need to stream in
>> "MP2T/H2221/UDP" mode.
>>

> Then you're out of luck.  If you're not using the RTP/RTCP standard, then
> you won't bet getting any of its benefits (which includes RTCP "BYE"
> packets).
>

>   And in the system we are using two clients, Client A is to request the
>> server for streaming to client B.
>>

> I hope you realize that - by modifying your server to support this - you
> are potentially enabling denial-of-service attacks.
>

>  And client B will consume the stream and display it. One more thing Client
>> B and C are not in touch in any manner. So if client B recieves any
>> termination 'BYE' packet then it will not be considered at the client A
>> side. And we need this termination packet at the client A.
>>

> If/when the server ends the stream, it will close the TCP connection that
> it has with client A.  This is the only indication that you wlll get.
> --
>
> Ross Finlayson
> Live Networks, Inc.
> http://www.live555.com/