[Live-devel] Converting H.264-ES to MP4-File

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jun 10 18:00:50 PDT 2009

>I am trying to build a small program which converts a previously
>recorded H.264 elementary stream (which works fine) to a viewable
>MP4-file.
>I tried it using the QuickTimeFileSink but it seems to need a
>MediaSession-object which seems to be highly dependend on an actual
>RTP-Connection (which I dont have anymore at this moment).

Yes - as you noted, the current "QuickTimeFileSink" code depends upon
having a "MediaSession" object (that has one or more
"MediaSubsession" objects, each representing an input RTP stream).

You might be able to use some of the existing code in a new class
(which you would write) that could do what you want.  But I suspect
that your best choice may be to use some other application - e.g.,
VLC - to transcode your file.