[Live-devel] rtp streaming support for JFIF images

Patrick White patbob at imoveinc.com
Tue Jun 16 15:19:15 PDT 2009

I don't know everythign about RTP nor JPEG, but since nobody else has offered
an answer...

What's a "normal jpeg image" to you?  Many programs put out JFIF images when
they write them to files, so I'd consider JFIFs to be "normal".

Maybe you could crack open the JEPGs that work and the ones that don't and see
what's different between them.  It could be something as simple as the JFIF
header is confusing the software somewhere or it could be that your "JFIF"
images are not compatible with RTP -- IIRC RTP only supports a subset of the
possible ways to encode a JPEG.

later,
patbob