[Live-devel] integrated reflection using openrtsp and testMPEG4VideoToDarwin

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jun 17 22:50:04 PDT 2009

>Hi Everyone,
>
>I want to pull a live broadcast stream and push it to darwin server!
>The hardware encoder is not supporting automatic announcement and
>manual placement of SDP file is also not working.
>
>I am able to use testMPEG4VideoToDarwin util to push stream to
>darwin and also openrtsp to read the incoming stream properly.
>
>Is there anyway I can combine both (or use some other util) to pull
>the live broadcast and inject it to darwin?

Yes, you could modify the "testMPEG4VideoToDarwin" demo application
to read from a live MPEG-4 video source, rather than from a file.
Read the FAQ for tips on how to do this.

However, remember also that we have our own RTSP server
implementation, that you could use (with modification) to stream your
live source directly, without having to use a "Darwin" server and
"testMPEG4VideoToDarwin".  See, for example, the
"testOnDemandRTSPServer" demo application (and again, read the FAQ
for tips on how to modify it to take a live input source).