[Live-devel] how to stream mp4 file using liveMedia (typo corrected)

Woods woods.biz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 02:42:05 PDT 2009

Dear all,

I am seeking your suggestions on streaming a MP4 file using liveMedia
library.

The mp4 file is consisted of mp4v and mpga streams.

I only see MPEG4VIDEO related sources, framers and sinks in the library. A
typical workflow, according to your test program, is ByteStreamFileSource ->
MPEG4VideoStreamStreamer -> MPEG4ESVideoRTPSink.

Should I create corresponding components for MP4 format, so I can create
workflow something like the following two solution?

ByteStreamFileSource -> MP4StreamFramer -> MP4RTPSink (or SimpleRTPSink)

OR

ByteStreamFileSource -> MP4Demux -> MPEG4DemuxElementaryStream |->
MPEG4VideoStreamFramer -> MPEG4ESVideoRTPSink

|-> MPEG1or2AudioStreamFramer -> MPEG1or2AudioRTPSink

Thanks for your suggestions.

--
Woods