[Live-devel] realtime streaming questions

Bartha Adam bartha_adam at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 4 07:08:31 PST 2009

Hello all!

I'm new to live555, just compiled and tried some examples.
I need to transmit live data with live555, the source is produced by an opengl application. The OS used is Windows XP.

I'm a little bit confused. Those examples are streaming from a static file. How the connection between my application and live555 can be made? I am planing to develop the encoding part using CUDA.

Another question: what codec should be used? I will need to transmit at huge resolution, at 2mpixel/frame. After some research,  my conclusion was, that even with hardware (gpu) acceleration, realtime h264 coding is not possible at big resoultuion. Mpeg2 could make it?

My appologize, if my questions were already answered, I searched the archive several hours, but no results.

Regards,
Adam