[Live-devel] frame rate supported

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Mar 10 17:29:32 PDT 2009

>I thought the fDuration is related to the frame rate?

It is.  You (as the programmer of a source object) set it (actually,
"fDurationInMicroseconds") for each frame, as appropriate.  But the
'frame rate' itself is not carried as a parameter anywhere within RTP
or RTSP.

>  We have a hardware encode

Who's "we"?  Yahoo?  I don't think so.  Sorry, but if you use a
"From:" address like "From: Gbzbz Gbzbz <gbzbz3 at yahoo.com>", then I'm
going to assume that you're just a child, using your parents'
computer while they're away.

If you want to be taken seriously on this mailing list, use a real,
professional email address - not "@yahoo.com" or "@gmail.com".

>When play the file locally with VLC, it looks a 720P60, but at the
>remote VLC RTSP client side it is 720P30(or less) - visually it is
>not as smooth.

Perhaps you're just seeing packet loss?