[Live-devel] Live555 RTSP Client never sees RTCP BYE message from Live555 Server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Mar 10 17:45:01 PDT 2009

In general, it's hard to respond to alleged bug reports on modified
code.  The best bug reports are those that apply to the original,
unmodified code, so we can (hopefully) reproduce the problem (if any)
ourselves.

>PS. You also should note that the BYE handler code in OpenRTSP
>causes all the streams to be deleted and the RTCPInstance objects
>with them, the problem is the RTCPInstance object is in the process
>of handling a packet.

Remember that this is all single-threaded code.  If an "RTCPInstance"
object is deleted, then it's not also 'in the process' of doing
anything else.  The only way it could also be involved in 'handling a
packet' would be if this packet handling happened later, as a result
of an 'incoming packet' event in the event loop.  But that should
never happen, because - as a result of deleting the "RTCPInstance"
object - "TaskScheduler::turnOffBackgroundReadHandling()" gets called.