[Live-devel] openRTSP saving to a microSD card

Roberts, Alan Alan.Roberts at e2v.com
Wed Mar 11 04:01:44 PDT 2009

Hi all

Could anyone point me in the right direction please? I suspect that somewhere within openRTSP there's some sort of "link timeout" to cope with timing issues related to networking. I need to take a closer look.

I've got a much better idea of my problem now - my incoming streaming mpeg4 video turns off at pretty much the same time as my record OFF signal... unfortunatley I have no control over this (ie I can't change it). If the stream stops after the record OFF then I don't have a problem - I can successfully kill the openRTSP process and unmount my SD card (thanks patbob). However, if the stream turns off before the record OFF signal then some sort of 30 timeout looks like it's getting invoked within openRTSP - maybe some sort of "waiting for the link to come up again" thing. During this time a Kill -HUP <PID> has no effect - which is my problem. I need to kill it straight away and unmount the SD card because under some scenarios the power to the unit could be removed within 3 seconds. If I leave it runnung then the process gets successfully killed, I can unmount the SD card and all is well. Like I say though - I haven't got the luxury of just leaving it to do it's own thing.

I have a point-to-point ethernet connection with (hopefully) very little fluctuation in data rate... and when the link is up... it's up. If I could knock the 30 seconds down to, say, 2 seconds then life would be rosy. Any ideas?

Kind regards
Alan

ps If it's an ethernet driver thing then I apologise for troubling you butI genuinly think it's some sort of networking robustness built into openRTSP.

Sent by E2V TECHNOLOGIES PLC or a member of the E2V group of companies.
A company registered in England and Wales.
Company number; 04439718.
Registered address; 106 Waterhouse Lane, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 2QU, UK.