[Live-devel] H.264 + Transport Stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Mar 13 22:51:01 PDT 2009

>I have a H.264 capturing card (PCI) that I want to stream out in TS,
>so I can playback with VLC on another PC.

Quite honestly, I'm not sure whether or not our "MPEG2TSFromESSource"
class - as it currently existst - will be able to embed H.264 video
data in a Transport Stream in a way that a media player will
understand.  (It was designed assuming that the input data is MPEG-1
or MPEG-2 audio or video data.)  I suppose you could try it (with a
"mpegVersion" value of 4) to check.  (You may also need to update the
parent class ("MPEG2TransportStreamMultiplexor") slightly to handle
this.)